All About Canada Visitor Visa
Are you planning to visit Canada? In such a case, one of the major requisites will be a Canada Visitor Visa.
Within the group of Temporary Resident Visa is a Visitor Visa Canada which allows people to visit Canada for less than six months. The Canada Visitor Visa is a temporary resident Visa for Canada which allows the holder to go to Canada for either a holiday or to visit family or relatives.
A Canada Visitor Visa allows you to enter the country for a specific period of time.
Requirements for Canada Visitor Visa
There are certain requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa. These are as follows:-
- Canada visitor visa application form.
- Must have a valid passport issued by the government. Such passports must have at least one blank page which is not the last page.
- All the essential documents should be in either English or French. If not, then get those translated into either English or French.
- The documents should be signed and properly dated wherever essential.
- A Visa Application Center (VAC) consent form should be filled and signed.
- Proof of funds ( bank or other financial statements) is required to confirm that you have enough funds for staying in Canada.
- A copy of current immigration status in another country or Canada.
- Biometric information
- The medical examination report, if required.
- Proof of a temporary stay and that you are not planning to work or study in Canada.
- A declaration letter to the government of Canada where you have state why they should give a Canada visitor visa.
- A travel itinerary or a description of your Canada visit purpose.
- If you are visiting your family, you need to present the proof of relationship.
- Immigration status of the family or relative you are visiting.
- Proof that your stay in Canada is temporary.
- Your photographs
- Visa Application fees
- Visa processing fees
If you are unable to fulfill the above stated eligibility criteria your application might be rejected stating that you are inadmissible in Canada.
How to apply for a Canadian Visitor Visa?
In order to apply for a Canadian Visitor Visa one needs to follow the given steps.
- Get a Canadian Visitor Visa Application form.
- Confirm that you are eligible for a Canadian visitor visa.
- Complete the form with essential documents.
- Submit the form along with the application fees.
- Respond to additional requests for information.
- After processing, send the passport for stamping.
Canada Visitor Visa Processing time
It takes around 8 to 40 days for processing the application for Canada Visitor Visa. The processing time varies from country to country.
Canada Visitor Visa Fees
The applicants need to pay
- Basic Canada visitor fees
- Biometric fees
- Passport processing fees
Limitations of a Canada Visitor Visa
- You can travel around Canada for less than 6 months.
- You can’t work or study with Canada visitor visa.
- You are not allowed to get Canadian PR with Canada Visitor Visa.
- You will not be allowed to go for Canada governmental benefits.
Are dependents allowed with Canada Visitor Visa
Given below is a list of people allowed with your Canada visitor visa:-
- Your spouse
- Your minor children
However, a separate application form and application fees needs to be submitted for each of your dependents accompanying you to Canada.
In order to get the visa processed as a family, you need to submit the application together at the visa application center.